As part of the 2016 V*Inspired campaign, we partnered with star chef, cookbook author and Season 1 winner of MasterChef Whitney Miller to create unique dishes that feature Vidalia onions.
- 4 slices uncured turkey bacon
- 5 ripe avocadoes, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced Vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips for serving
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon slices. Cook for a couple minutes, flip over and cook for another couple of minutes. Repeat until bacon has browned and crisped. Drain on paper towels.
Cut the avocadoes into cubes and places in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. Add the lime juice, salt, garlic powder and cilantro. Stir to combine. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spoon the guacamole into a shallow serving bowl. In rows, add each topping across the guacamole.
Serve with tortilla chips.