Cucumber, Tomato, Vidalia Onion Salad
As part of the 2016 V*Inspired campaign, we partnered with star chef, cookbook author and Season 1 winner of MasterChef Whitney Miller to create unique dishes that feature Vidalia onions.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced lengthwise grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
Combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, dill, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/8-inch slices.
Add the cucumber slices, tomatoes, and onion slices to the bowl. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.